Job Title: Scientist (Synthetic Biology) Contract: 2 Years Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Paying up to £42,000 per annum dependent on experience/interview. SRG are currently looking...
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire or Saint Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Salary: up to £70,000 pa
They are a well-funded bio-tech company working with future IVD technology and are looking for an expert to join the company and develop their in-house capability for producing bioreagents to take support the next step in the journey from concept to product.
- Support the manufacture of the essential molecular components of the diagnostic tests.
- Define USP and DSP processes.
- Establish, commission and maintain equipment in the bioproduction facility, directly or through overseeing the process.
- Develop and maintain SOPs.
- Manage third party suppliers for outsourced production of selected reagents
- Develop Incoming Quality Control (IQC) protocols for commercially sourced reagents.
- Ensure the timely availability of reagents for the formal development of the company's IVD products.
There is scope to tailor this role to meet the skills and experience of the successful applicant to ensure a challenging and rewarding role. There are significant opportunities for development and progression as the company works towards commercial launch of its first products.
- Significant prior knowledge of the bioproduction of recombinant protein reagents, particularly with bacterial expression systems.
- Hands on experience with upstream and downstream processes
- Prior exposure to IVD field within an ISO13485 is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong IT, writing and interpersonal skills are essential to ensure accurate documentation of activities and effective communication
- Team player with the initiative, flexibility, drive and enthusiasm to achieve goals and exceed expectations in a dynamic start-up environment.
If you are an ambitious, skilled professional and your CV reflects the key areas mentioned above then please apply for this Bio-Production specialist position.
Alternatively, for more information on this role, please contact Dominic Cappell Dominic.Cappell@srg.co.uk / 01223 607857.