Food Safety Management Systems AdvisorLocation GloucestershireSalary £20,000The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food,...
Join a growing team which comprises a number of specialists focussed around the systems and auditing element of food safety management with a remit to consult and train clients in best practice. Further the team has a responsibility through audit and strategic R&D support to develop and implement best practice in Hygiene management across a broad range of food processing technologies and product categories
Role and responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of technical projects as guided by your line manager or others within the team. This will be on a blend of contract, training and research projects.
- Responding to direct technical enquiries with support as appropriate using information retrieved from relevant sources.
- Provision of consultancy and the performing of site audits/pre-audits. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience.
- Present training materials as the lead tutor or support tutor, as relevant, on both scheduled and client specific courses.
- Preparing project proposals/tenders for clients to a level agreed with the line manager
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have significant and recognised credibility in Food Safety Management.
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors.
- Industry experience in a technical or quality management role within food manufacturing or in food legislation enforcement.
- Practical experience of at least one industrial food safety management standard would be an advantage.
- Formal qualification in HACCP, Level 4 would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.