Production ScientistCambridgePermanent£18-19K per annum Working for a growing biotechnology organisation in Cambridge, this is an exciting opportunity to put your Biological/Life Sciences degree to good...
Application Scientist - Structural Biology
Permanent Salary to be discussed with consultant.
Start: Q3 2019
In the fast changing world you can make a difference by joining this global supplier of innovative products used to streamline drug development. This role focuses on the delivery and support of technologies that enable emerging methods for examining biomolecular structures.
You would be responsible for:
- Supporting the development, expansion, installation and integration of early systems through to full commercial products
- Engaging with early customers to provide advice
- Providing Structural Biology product demonstrations
- Understanding product requirements through collaboration with structural biology customers
- Planning and running experiments, analysing results and preparing summary reports
- Managing placements with customer development partners, including training, analysis and interpretation of customer data and providing feedback on the customer experience
- Advising on the possible direction of further development as a product expert
- Occasional travel to customer sites.
Ideally you would have:
- BSc, MSc and PhD (or equivalent) in relevant subject or field.
- Demonstrated abilities in a structural biology beyond education.
- Solid practical understanding of both single particle Cryo-EM/protein crystallography and current trends in determining protein structures.
- Experience with the handling of cryogens and analysing samples in a Cryo-EM microscope
This is the perfect opportunity for an expert structural biologist from either a commercial or academic background.
If your CV reflects the key areas mentioned above then please apply now!
Alternatively, for more information on this role, please contact
Dominic Cappell OR Bec Johnston
01223 607857/01223 607858