Position: Principal Medicinal ChemistLocation: Stevenage Hours: Full time (Flexibility offered)Vacancy: Permanent Salary: Highly competitive Are you interested in being at the forefront of cutting edge...
Up to £50k per annum
Exciting new opportunity for a skilled Computational Chemist to support a growing and innovative business in the field of drug discovery, in Cambridge.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- PhD in Computational Chemistry or Cheminformatics OR some sound working practice in the field of Cheminformatics.
- You will have demonstrable experience of writing and developing algorithms using chemical descriptors, predictors and including their application.
- Good working knowledge of Java and Python.
- Familiar with cheminformatics libraries such as RDKit or CDK.
- You will be capable with handling large data-sets and stringent analysis pipelines.
- Accustomed to working on relational or NoSQL databases.
- Appreciation of common data formats for example, JSON.
- Curious and creative, with a clear passion for your niche area of Science.
- Able to work independently as well as with good collaboration with peers.
- Able to build and manipulate Knime workflows.
- It would be beneficial to have used 3rd party software such as Cresset, MOE, Spotfire.
- Experience with bioinformatics and familiarity with genome data and a background in developing machine learning/AI methods.
- An appreciation of SMARTS relating to reaction enumerations.
Does this sound like your next job?
If your CV demonstrates the relevant requirements above and you can commit to a role based in Cambridge, then please apply now by attaching your CV in Word.
For further information please contact Bec Johnston - email@example.com / 01223 607858.