Graduate Opportunity Process Chemist based in CheshireTitle Graduate Development Scientist (6 months)Location Cheshire Salary £24,000 £25,000 (Dependant on experience) SRG are currently working with a...
Development Chemist based in Lancashire
Title Development Chemist Location Lancashire Salary £30,000 - £35,000 (Dependant on experience)
SRG are currently working with a specialist manufacturer of FMCG products based in Lancashire. Being experts in the personal care, Pet care, and Home care sectors, they are experiencing an exciting period of growth and are looking to hire a talented Development Chemist to join their site in Lancashire.
Benefits: This position will be an integral role within a dynamic, entrepreneurial company experiencing an ongoing period of growth. This role will offer genuine opportunities for progression and the ability to take ownership of NPD projects from concept to delivery.
Role / Description This position will be an integral part of the companies continued growth and will be responsible for developing new & creative personal care, household & pet care products, taking ownership of projects from initial customer consultation to delivery. Duties will include:
- Formulate new innovative products across the personal care, cosmetic, pet care and Homecare markets.
- Managing NPD projects from conception to market.
- Conduct test studies to demonstrate products performance and claims.
- Provide technical support, assisting other departments during the manufacture and commercialisation of new products.
- Source & validate new raw materials.
- Assist with the regulatory compliance of new materials, managing regulatory information, producing COSHH Statements & issuing SDSs
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry or a related subject
- Proven experience of formulation or product development within the Personal care/ household or cosmetics Industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance within the chemical industry.
- Well organised, dynamic & adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
This will be a permanent opportunity, well suited to a development chemist looking to make their own mark and develop their career within a specialist producer of Personal care products. Working 08:00 to 16:30 with an early finish on Fridays, this role will also offer a competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience).
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srg.co.uk .For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.