Lab Technician 6 month contractTitle Laboratory Technician 6 Month contract Location Deeside Salary £18,000 £19,000SRG are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join...
Laboratory Technician required for a 12 month contract, based in Merseyside. Requiring a scientific mind-set, good data handling skills and practical laboratory skills gained from either university or an industrial laboratory. Degrees including Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering or similar will be considered.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Salary: £25,000 + £1,500 completion bonus
Employment Term: 12 months, fixed term contract
SRG is working with a multi-national company who specialise in developing and manufacturing a range of speciality construction materials. They are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their team Merseyside on a 12 month contract, to support a brand new project as well as ongoing analysis. The role will involve carrying out physical, chemical and mechanical testing on materials and manipulating data to track trends and report results. It would be a brilliant opportunity for a recent graduate who has completed their degree in a scientific discipline and is looking to gain some hands on experience in an industrial environment. Any industrial lab experience would be considered beneficial.
Benefits: Well established, leading company offering an opportunity to build practical lab skills in an industrial environment. 40 working hours per week, 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday, with flexible start/finish times. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, enhanced pension scheme, private health cover, on-site gym & staff canteen. Employees also receive an annual performance bonus and the successful individual will receive £1500 bonus upon completion of the 12 month contract
Role / Description
- Conducting a range of routine and non-routine analysis on materials, using a range of physical, chemical and mechanical test methods (XRF, viscometry, fibre dimensions, tensile strength, etc.)
- Conducting specialised sample preparation for routine test methods
- Accurate recording and reporting of test data generated in house
- Manipulation and statistical analysis of data generated by other departments to report results and trends
- Supporting manufacturing trials and test programmes on site as requires
- Project work involving new instrument calibration, developing and verifying sample preparation and test methods for process development and characterisation
- General laboratory housekeeping, calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Degree in scientific discipline - Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics or similar
- Practical laboratory experience of wet chemistry methods, physical or mechanical testing method
- Able to manipulate, statistically analyse and report on data
- Good team-working skills, enthusiastic attitude and adaptability
- Ability to work autonomously, demonstrate initiative and communicate effectively
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a scientific graduate to gain a year of valuable, industrial laboratory experience with a thriving and welcoming company.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: graduate, laboratory, science, scientific, data analysis, wet chemistry, testing, physical testing, building materials, chemistry, materials science, polymer science, physics, chemical engineering, mechanical testing, data handling, statistical analysis, data reporting, routine testing, XRF, viscometry