Research Assistant Molecular Biology£26,000 £32,000 (commensurate with experience)London Based Do you have proven experience in molecular biology techniques such as NGS or PCR? ...
Job Title: Scientist (Synthetic Biology)
Contract: 2 Years
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Paying up to £42,000 per annum dependent on experience/interview.
SRG are currently looking to recruit a scientist with synthetic biology skills to join a global agriculture company based in the Berkshire area.
Based in the Synthetic Biology Group you will work with an exciting and highly qualified multi-disciplinary team of chemists, analytical scientists and molecular biologists. Your main focus will be the development and application of modern biotechnological approaches to the characterisation and engineering of biosynthetic systems and their chemical products for uses in crop protection.
You will bring innovative science to key projects and will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure plans and outcomes are in line with company and customer expectations.
What we expect to see from you:
- As a specialist in synthetic biology you will apply your skills to assist in the identification, characterisation and engineering of biosynthetic pathways
- Ability to independently design complex experiments and deliver high-quality results leading to the right outcomes for the business
- A passion for science and the drive to develop and translate fundamental knowledge into product-focused projects in collaboration with internal and external partner
To be successful in this role we believe you should have:
- Education to PhD level (and ideally post-doctoral experience) within a Molecular Biology/Genetics or Biochemistry related field
- Expertise in cloning, characterisation and re-factoring genetic pathways for increased production of secondary metabolites and bioengineered derivatives
- Expertise in complex molecular biology techniques such as homologous recombination and genome editing
- Significant experience handling and working with actinomycetes
- Experience of genome-mining and bioinformatics to identify secondary metabolite gene clusters and re-design them
- Demonstrable experience working with analytical techniques including HPLC and LC-MS/MS
- Effective communication and influencing skills across disciplines and the drive to become a trusted collaborator
To apply for this position please submit a copy of your CV with cover letter. For more information or if you have any questions please call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.