Laboratory SupervisorEast Midlands Permanent Attractive salary & packageDo you have Significant Laboratory experience? Within a Pharmaceutical: stability, method development, validations and method transfer experience within...
Laboratory Technician required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring practical wet chemistry testing skills, gained through industrial experience in a manufacturing environment.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly successful company manufacturing speciality chemicals for a range of industrial markets including metals, coatings, aerospace and agriculture. Due to impending retirement, they are looking for a new Laboratory Technician to join the QC Team in the quality control testing of raw materials and finished products. This position would be well suited to someone with QC or practical wet chemistry testing experience, ideally gained in a chemical manufacturing environment.
Benefits: Stable, permanent role in a small, but busy lab team, lots of interaction with production. Offering 25 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Working hours of 37.5 hours per week, worked between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. Benefits include a matched pension scheme, private healthcare after probation and an annual performance bonus.
Role / Description
- Testing of incoming raw materials, in process and finished products using techniques including titrations, refractive index, spectrophotometry, viscometry, density testing, specific gravity, particle size analysis, amongst other tests.
- Accurately recording results against specifications
- Identifying out-of-spec results and quality issues and taking corrective action
- Signing off on material prior to release of goods to customers
- Accurately recording results and inputting data into SAP
- Assisting with the calibration of laboratory equipment
- Practical experience of QC or chemical testing, ideally gained from an industrial lab or manufacturing environment
- Able to multi-task and organise according to priority
- High level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with some laboratory experience and good wet chemistry skills to work in a successful and stable manufacturing company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, wet chemistry, QC, quality control, Karl Fischer, titration, density, viscosity, particle size analysis, XRF, spectroscopy, testing, chemicals, materials, paints, coatings, adhesives, minerals, resins, binders, cement, powders, ink, fluid, lubricant