Analyst East Riding of Yorkshire Permanent £22,000 £24,000A leading pharmaceutical organisation in the Humberside area. They are looking to recruit an experienced analyst to join...
Laboratory Analyst required on a permanent basis, based in East Yorkshire. Minimum A Level Chemistry, ideally with industry experience of wet chemistry techniques - ICP, GC, HPLC or LECO analytical experience extremely beneficial.
Title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: East Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
SRG is working with an established company with a recognised brand in UK, specialising in the manufacture of chemicals for the horticultural and agricultural industry. They are currently looking for a new Laboratory Analyst to join the team to support QC and testing of their raw materials, in process samples and finished products. With regular use of ICP-OES, GC, LECO and HPLC, this role would be well suited to someone with a background in Chemistry and some lab experience using one or more of these techniques.
Benefits: Permanent role in a thriving company, with good career progression prospects. Full training provided. Working hours of 37 hours worked between 8:30-5pm Monday to Thursday with an early finish on Fridays (with some flexibility on start and finish times). Occasional evening and weekend overtime, with ample compensation.
Role / Description:
- Conducting analysis on a range of solid and liquid raw materials, intermediates and finished products
- Utilising wet chemistry techniques and ICP-OES, GC, HPLC and LECO to ensure samples meet specifications
- Recording all analytical results in appropriate records and logs
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation
- General lab housekeeping and cleaning.
- Minimum A Level Chemistry, degree preferred
- Previous laboratory experience of ICP, GC, HPLC or LECO analysis - gained in industry ideall but university experience will be considered
- Flexibility to work out of hours and own transport
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Thorough, with excellent attention to detail and strong Health & Safety awareness.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build a career in quality control or analytical chemistry with a well-established company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, analyst, analytical, analysis, chemist, wet chemistry, ICP, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, GC, gas chromatography, HPLC, LECO, contract testing, laboratory, quality, chemical