Title Process / Production Chemist Location DerbyshireSalary £18,000 £19,000SRG is working with a highly specialised business who have been providing a unique service for over...
£18,000 - £20,000
40 Hours per week
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 email@example.com
Responsible for all the laboratory activity including quality assurance and formulation testing and development along with sample production and despatch.
- Responsible for monitoring and measuring quality performance in accordance with ISO 9001
- Responsible for day to day liaison with production and sales to ensure customer technical requirements for compatibility testing are fulfilled and up to date.
- Working with the Operations Manager to ensure safety of raw material testing and formulation in line with the Environmental Policy
- Production of SDS, CoA and assistance with COSHH assessments
- Testing products and ensuring Safety Data Sheets are up to date
- Formulating and testing all new products as directed by the MD and customer(s)
- Liaising with the Production Manager and Quality Control for all new and existing product issues
- Liaising with the Account Manager to develop sample products for new and existing customers
- Testing raw materials and ensuring that these comply with all safety regulations
- Being the ISO Champion for all chemical testing
- Attending ad hoc meetings as and when required
- Working with the MD on a number of research projects and liaising with local universities
Specific requirements for the role
- Qualification to degree level in organic chemistry
- Good knowledge of fertilisers, plant nutrition and organic chemistry
- Excellent knowledge Excel
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes.