Product Release Quality Specialist Brentford, Middlesex 8 months £26/hrSRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking to bring on...
Polymer / Plastics Specialist ( Industrial Issues Executive)
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
Based In London
Do you have experience in chemistry, materials science or polymers from a commercial / industrial setting?
Would you like to work in a key and diverse role in policy and public affairs?
My client are a leading industry body representing the plastics industry, it has over 450 members that span across the supply chain. This includes plastics recyclers, polymer producers and suppliers, additive manufacturers, services providers, end users, plastics processors and machinery manufacturers.
The Industrial Issues Executive will develop into the organisations specialist on a range of plastics industry sectors and products and the issues attached to them. You will manage and develop the key forums for member firms operating in several important industrial sectors. The role offers wide contact with the Plastics Industry at top level and a deep insight into the operation of UK and EU Governmental institutions.
The Plastics / Polymer Specialist will take responsibility for industrial issues in the Raw Materials Sector which includes additives, masterbatch, polymer suppliers and distributors, you will represent on central expert committees for product safety, fire safety and education & skills.
There is a European context to the role which may involve some overseas travel.
Key tasks will include:
- Secure an understanding of the key issues in the raw materials industry and how these affect the members. Formulating action plans on key projects in conjunction with the members to tackle these issues
- Become the in-house expert on product safety (including REACH, chemical safety and plastics in contact with food, plus become knowledgeable on other key pieces of regulation)
- Become the in-house expert on trends and on key regulatory issues at both the national and European levels.
- Account management and maintenance of contacts within the Groups, fostering excellent relations with the Group Chairmen and Members.
- Become the lead on fire safety issues (including the development of national fire safety standards and product fire performance)
- Become the lead on education and skills issues, helping members and the team to address the growing skills gap and lead initiatives to promote education of the industry
- Provide input to relevant seminars and events
To be considered you'll need the following skills & experience
- Minimum of 1+ years industrial experience within chemistry, plastics or polymers
- Degree or professional qualification in a technical discipline (e.g. chemistry, materials science, polymers)
- Previous experience within a policy or public affairs role is desirable
- Excellent Communication Skills, capable of presenting both technical and business issues
- Capable of co-ordinating and managing projects to conclusion
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good IT skills
- Capable of building relationships with colleagues and member companies
Key Words "Plastics, Polymers, Organic Chemistry, Regulatory Affairs, REACh, Industry Body, Account Manager, Specialist, Environmental Issues, Recycling, Polymer Chemist"
Please apply online or called Neil Walton on 02030964706