Research Assistant / Research Scientist Assay Development GroupRole Type: 1 year maternity coverSalary: From £30K DOESkills: cell culture and cell-based assaysMy client based in the...
Laboratory Support / Media Preparation Assistant
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £19K/annum DOE
Skills: Organised, computer literate and engaged to learn new skills
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area is a leader in the Biotechnology sector working on the development of bio-therapeutics.
hey are looking for a permanent Laboratory Support Assistant to assist with the preparation of laboratory reagents and consumables.
This is an opportunity to join a biotech south of Cambridge and to be part of the discovery of therapeutic applications. Whether you have experience working in a laboratory or not; your dedication to the role and your can-do attitude will be the motivation for you to join the organisation.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
* Preparation of laboratory reagents (stock reagents and aliquots)
* Preparation of media for use in cell culture
* Monitor and maintain consumable stock levels.
* Receipt of incoming chemical and biological shipments
* Assist in general administrative tasks; including storing orders and back up of laboratory notebooks/data.
To be considered for the role of Laboratory Support Assistant, candidates will have:
* Experience working in a team and supporting the wider organisation (E)
* Able to handle routine tasks with little supervision once trained (E)
* Strong skills in data and information recording (E)
* Experience in stock control/consumable tracking would be desired (E)
* Experience in a support function within an industry laboratory (D)
* Well versed in reagent preparation; stock preparation, and aliquoting out (D)
* Experience in media preparation (bacterial) (D)
You will be working with the Senior Laboratory Technician to offer support to 6 laboratories based on site for their daily needs.
If you think that you would be able to support the team through the preparation of laboratory reagents, culture media and monitoring consumable stock then apply or call me to find out more.
Lynda.firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01223607855
The company offers attractive benefits, pension, health care and are based on a science research park on the outskirt of Cambridge offering a short commute from the city of Cambridge by car, bike or shuttle bus. The campus has a cafeteria on site and a large park accessible to all employees.