Cell Biologist Location: Stevenage Salary: £13.65/hrContract length: 12 monthsSRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Cell...
Cell Culture Technician
Role Type: fixed term contract
Salary: £24K DOE
Skills: Cell Culture, Hela Cell expertise
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area works on the Development, Manufacturing and Supply of Cell Products to a range of institutes. They are looking for a technician to join their team for a 1 year project aimed at cell banking for their collaborator.
The position is part of a dedicated team for the project composed of 1 team leader and 3 technicians. You will be working in a laboratory focused on cell culture production and you will be surrounded by experts. The work is 37.5hours/week and will require some paid weekend work.
The main responsibilities of the Cell Technician will be:
* Mammalian cell culture
* Manage the reception of cell lines from customer
* Expansion and banking of quality cells
* Assist in other duties across the laboratory team as necessary
To be considered for the Cell Technician role you will have the following experience:
* A level, BSc or MSc (or equivalents) in a relevant field (E)
* Laboratory experience after completion of academic studies (E)
* Mammalian cell culture expertise (E)
* Hela cell experience (D)
* Ability it learn process, follow SOPs and record progress (E)
* A great team working mentality (E)
* Ability to work independently once trained (E)
Our client is based on a research park south of Cambridge with ample free parking, shuttle bus from the city centre and a cafeteria accessible to all employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to support a scientific team with a cell banking project.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Dominic Cappell on 01223 607857.