Cell Line ScientistA well-established biotech is looking for a cell line specialist to join their development team.Location: CambridgeFull Time 37.5 hours/weekPermanent roleSalary circa £30K/annum DOEAs...
Cell Culture Team Leader
Role Type: 1 year full-time contract
Salary: £30K DOE
Skills: Cell Culture, Hela Cell expertise
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area works on the Development, Manufacturing and Supply of Cell Products to a range of institutes.
They are looking for a team leader to head a team for a 1 year project aimed at cell banking for their collaborator.
The position is part of a dedicated team for the 1year project composed of the team leader and 3 technicians.
You will be working in a laboratory focused on cell culture production and you will be surrounded with experts. The work is 37.5hours/week and will require some paid weekend work at about 0.5day/month on a rota basis.
The main responsibilities of the Cell Technician will be:
* Manage the mammalian cell culture process and quality control
* Responsible for the progress of the expansion and banking of cell lines
* Prioritise work and manage work for the team
* Ensure adherence to SOPs and Heath & safety procedures
* Assist in other duties across the laboratory team in supporting Scientists
To be considered for the Cell Technician role you will have the following experience:
* BSc or MSc (or equivalents) in a relevant field (E)
* Mammalian cell culture, Hela cell or similar, expertise (E)
* Laboratory experience after completion of academic studies (E)
* Managing people or project skills (E)
* Able to ensure learning process, follow SOPs and record progress (E)
* A great team working mentality (E)
* Ability to work independently(E)
Our client is based on a research park south of Cambridge with ample free parking, shuttle bus from the city centre and a cafeteria accessible to all employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to support a scientific team with a cell banking project.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607855.