Graduate Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science and good practical laboratory skills. Title: Graduate ChemistLocation: West YorkshireSalary:...
Polymer Chemist based in Lancahire - Ongoing development opportunities
Title Polymer Chemist Location Lancashire Salary £21,000 - £26,000 (Dependant on Experience)
SRG are currently recruiting for a polymer chemist to join a well-established producer of specialist polymer based insulation materials. Based in Lancashire, they export globally and use a large amount of recycled materials to support the construction, automotive and petrochemical industries as well as constantly innovating and producing bespoke products for unique projects.
They are now seeking a talented polymer chemist to join their team in Lancashire, work closely with their Technical Director and become a technical expert in all aspects of the site. This is a fantastic opportunity, well suited to a polymer chemist looking for a career within the materials industry as this position will offer continuous development & progression opportunities over the long term.
Role / Description This position will be involved with all technical aspects of the production of specialist polymer products and day to day duties will include:
- Carrying out R&D to develop new materials for bespoke projects and improve existing products.
- QC testing of materials
- Assisting with plant trials and providing technical support.
- liaising directly with customers - consulting & providing detailed technical reports & presentations.
- A degree or equivalent qualification / experience in Polymer Chemistry or a related subject.
- Proven experience within an industrial polymer laboratory / manufacturing environment.
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn & develop
- Highly organised, adaptable, with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org .For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Polymer, Polyolefin, Material, R&D, QC,