Senior Research Scientist Location: South Cambridgeshire Salary: Circa £47,000 pa Team size: Circa 6 Reports to: Associate Director Key skills: Display platforms (yeast and/or...
Phage selection/Phage display: Scientist, Senior Scientist
- South of Cambridge
- £30K - 50K
- Key Skills: Phage Display, Phage Selection, Ribosome Display, Yeast Display,
Are you interested working at the forefront of next generation bio-therapeutics?
Do you have an open and innovative approach to multidisciplinary group and new technology?
Do you have a passionate interest in subjects such as biologics, proteins characterisation/purification/expression/identification, or analytical assay's?
My client, based in the south Cambridgeshire, is looking for people with a background in molecular biology or biochemistry. From fresh graduates to seasoned and skills experts in the field of in the field to join their rapidly expanding discovery and verification team.
The responsibilities of these roles would vary depend on your experience might would include some of the following:
- Design and perform target antigen quality control
- Biotinylating target proteins and fully characterising the product for functional activity
- Design and generate random and/or rationally designed DNA display libraries for both naïve and affinity maturation
- Execute manual or automated phage display panning against protein targets
- Characterize phage derived Affimer candidates hits via SPR/BLI (Biacore or Octet), ELISA and cell-based assays
- Sequence phage candidates and sub-clone Affimers into the appropriate protein expression system for small scale production and purification and further characterisation
- Design and execute affinity maturation library build and selections
- Keep up to date on latest phage display and related technologies
- Present work in periodic internal group meetings and externally to
To be considered for the role, you will have a BSc, MSC or PhD (or equivalent) with laboratory experience being desirable and industrial experience in a related area being essential for the senior positions.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply and for more information contact Dominic Cappell on 01223 607857.