Research Assistant / Research Scientist Assay Development GroupRole Type: 1 year maternity coverSalary: From £30K DOESkills: cell culture and cell-based assaysMy client based in the...
Biological Assay Development: Scientist, Senior Scientist
* South of Cambridge
* £22K - 50K
* Key Skills: Assay: Immuno (such as ELISA), Enzymatic, Functional Cell , cell binding. Culture: Tissue, Mammalian, Cell line (primary, stable, transient). Flow Cytometry
Are you interested working at the forefront of next generation biotherapeutics?
Do you have an open and innovative approach to multidisciplinary group and new technology?
Do you have a passionate interest in subjects such as biologics, proteins characterisation, epitope mapping or analytical assay's?
My client, based in the south Cambridgeshire, is looking for people with a background in molecular biology, immunology or biochemistry. This provides an excellent opportunity for you if you are looking for fluid and fast paced environment where a proactive nature is rewarded and you will be upskilled.
The responsibilities of these roles would vary depend on your experience might would include some of the following:
* Perform immuno assays, such as ELISA, competitive ELISA to support the project teams
* Perform enzymatic assays such as protease inhibition assays
* Perform functional cell assays (e.g. survival, proliferation, apoptosis, cytokine secretion, cell signalling)
* Perform cell binding assay screening by Flow cytometry or Mirrorball®
* Run assays including sandwich ELISA, receptor binding and cell-based activity assays to investigate/characterise target-based binding of Affimers (e.g. for epitope mapping, affinity measurements and biological responses)
* Support the cell line development by performing routine Maxiprep and maintaining cell lines
* Maintain primary, transient or stable mammalian cell lines
* Support the routine lab work of the scientists in the team
To be considered for the role, you will have a BSc, MSC or PhD (or equivalent) with laboratory experience being desirable and industrial experience in a related area being essential for the senior positions.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply and for more information contact Dominic Cappell on 01223 607857.