An opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist to join a specialist In Vitro ADME-Tox Services organisation Job Title: Senior Research ScientistDuration: PermanentSalary: CompetitiveLocation: Cheshire SRG...
Materials Testing Scientist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring experience of inorganic materials analysis and knowledge or experience of electrochemistry, electrochemical cells or catalysis. Experience of bench equipment assembly or electrochemical characterisation highly advantageous.
Title: Materials Testing Scientist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £32,500 - £38,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + benefits
SRG is working with a world-leading chemicals manufacturer who develop and manufacture an array of speciality chemicals for use in a wide variety of products and applications. They are now looking for a Materials Testing Scientist to join their speciality coatings development team in North Cheshire. The role will involve constructing and operating bespoke testing rigs, analysing materials and interpreting data to inform R&D. If you have experience of inorganic materials analysis and any background in electrochemistry, materials science or building test rigs, this position could be your next career step.
Benefits: Highly respected company with a long reputation and an excellent record of employee development. 36 working hours, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times. 29.5 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Option to take 5 further days or a 2% cash bonus. Private healthcare, company bonus and excellent pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Assembling, commissioning, operating and maintaining bespoke testing equipment, including bench scale electrochemical cells
- Generating application test data for coatings samples, ensuring stable operating conditions and reliability of experimental method, data and recording
- Conducting analysis of test liquid, materials, products and coatings using a range of test methods (GC, XRF, ion chromatography, density, voltage/current measurements, etc.)
- Analysing, interpreting and summarising the data from tests to present and draw conclusions for further review and analysis
- Ensuring regular testing and maintenance of equipment and supply of essential consumables to maintain reliability
- Reviewing the accuracy, efficiency and reliability of experimental testing and data collection
- Working with Senior Scientists to development and implement improvements to experimental methods, operation, measurement and data collection
- Supporting the team with development activities and plant trials as needed
- Prioritising health and safety in all activities
- Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- HND with significant experience will be considered
- Proven, hands-on experience of testing inorganic materials - e.g. metal oxides, precious metals, ceramics, refractories, catalysts - using GC, XRF, ion chromatography, etc.
- Understanding of electrochemistry or catalysis or fuel cell technology very beneficial
- Experience of constructing testing equipment or rigs also advantageous
- High regard for health and safety, excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Driven and motivated attitude
- Applicants must be non-smokers for Health and Safety reasons.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, electrochemistry, electrochemical, testing, analysis, materials, coatings, catalysis, fuel cell, inorganic, electrolyser, electrolysis, electrolytic, GC, gas chromatography, XRF, ion chromatography, voltammetry, density, test rig, commissioning, cell, ceramic, refractory, refractories, electrode, anode, cathode, metal oxide, precious metals, platinum, rhodium, palladium, ruthenium