Research Laboratory Manager Cell BiologyBased in the South East, UK£35,000 £40,000 + Excellent Benefits Do you have a strong background in Research using Tissue &...
Job Title: Cell Biology Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 Months
Pay Rate: £11.50 an hour (circa £21,500 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based in Bracknell.
They are currently seeking a technician to assist in the production of cereals for their European crop breeding programmes.
As a Cell Biology Technician you will be undertake procedures in the laboratory, controlled environment rooms and glasshouse as needed.
- Range of growth room procedures including seed sowing, counting, pollinating and harvesting
- Dissect seeds under a microscope in the tissue culture laboratory
- Laboratory tasks including application of chemicals
- Recording of electronic laboratory data
- Be educated to degree level in Plant Science, Biology or a relevant scientific subject
- Experience within an academic or professional laboratory of the following techniques:
- Aseptic technique
- Plant tissue culture
- Light microscopy in particular dissection microscopy
- Chemical handling e.g. use of pipette
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise your workload
- Knowledge and a keen interest in plant science
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.