QA Officer required based in North Cheshire on a 6 month temporary contract. Requiring proven experience of Quality Assurance gained in a GMP environment....
Opportunity for a QA Specialist, based predominantly in Greater Manchester with ~50% European travel. Requiring significant experience of quality assurance and quality processes from chemical or FMCG manufacturing industries - including personal care, pharmaceutical, food or speciality chemical products. Scientific background preferred.
Title: QA Specialist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a global manufacturer of speciality chemicals who provide innovative solutions for a huge range of industries. Due an internal restructure, they are now looking for a QA Specialist to work with regional sites in taking ownership of and improving quality systems and standards. The role will offer the successful individual the chance to drive improvements in quality across both 4 major manufacturing functions in Europe. This would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong background in quality assurance and implementing/improving quality systems in a chemical or FMCG manufacturing environment.
Benefits: Brilliant opportunity in a hugely successful company, with travel across Western Europe and a chance to lead positive change from a quality perspective. Excellent opportunities for further progression as part of company succession planning. 25 days holiday + 8 banks, enhanced pension scheme, annual pay reviews and bonus, life assurance and further benefits. Working hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday - with flexibility required for travel.
- Working with the EU Quality Manager to support and improve implementation of QA standards and systems at regional sites across Western Europe.
- Significant European travel (50% of role) to collaborate with regional teams in France, Germany and Poland
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, regulatory requirements and customer processes
- Working with the regional quality team leaders to investigate and improve how quality processes are managed and executed
- Collaborating with regional teams to provide direction on 'best practice' formats, tools and methodologies for implementing and managing effective quality processes
- Undertaking coaching and providing support to regional teams to promote ownership of quality systems and best practice
- Supporting regional team leaders with QA and QC function, e.g. contract reviews, third party audits and translating customer quality requirements
- Proposing corrective actions to continually improve performance
- Supporting or completing documentation requests as required across European sites
- Significant, demonstrable experience and knowledge of quality assurance and quality systems in a chemical or FMCG manufacturing environment
- Preferred industries include personal care products, pharmaceuticals, food or speciality chemicals
- Previous management or leadership experience in a quality role
- A degree or other educational background in Chemistry, Microbiology or a related discipline
- Experience of multiple quality systems highly advantageous - including ISO 9001, ISO 22716, HACCP, cGMP, IPEC, GLP
- Experience of interpreting industry, company and customer requirements relating to quality
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Multilingual skills (French, German or Polish) beneficial but not essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: quality assurance, QA, quality specialist, QA specialist manufacturing, QMS, quality management systems, quality manager, QA Manager, continuous improvement, European, chemical, personal care, cosmetics, drug, pharmaceutical, food, ISO 9001, ISO 22716, HACCP, cGMP, IPEC, GLP,