Quality Assurance Manager based in LancashireTitle Quality Assurance Manager Location Lancashire Salary £25,000 £30,000 SRG are currently working with a specialist manufacturer of FMCG products...
QC Manager based with a producer of speciality Chemicals located in Greater Manchester
Title QC Manager Location Greater ManchesterSalary £27,500 - £32,500 + Bonus
SRG are currently working with a well-established producer of technical additives, dyes & pigments based in Manchester. Supplying a varied customer base within the international chemicals market, they have seen continued success and are currently looking to hire a QC Manager to lead their quality department. Being based on site in Manchester this position will also include international travel.
Role / Description This position will be focussed on leading the QC team, ensuring that product quality is maintained and QC methods & procedures are kept up to date, and effective. Key duties will include:
- Leading a Team of 3 QC analysts, managing workloads, development & training.
- Reviewing QC procedures & methods and updating them as necessary.
- Identifying & implementing QC testing improvements including commissioning new equipment.
- Leading non-conformance & quality investigations, implementing corrective actions.
- Participating in internal audits.
- Providing technical support to other departments within the business.
- Travelling to Raw materials suppliers & partner sites oversees to preform audits & reviews as well as participate in key projects.
Working hours:This position will work 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday but will require the flexibility for infrequent international travel (1 - 3 trips per year).
- 33 days annual leave (including public holidays)
- Profit related pay scheme (approx. 15% of salary)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- A degree in Chemistry, analytical science or a similar scientific field or proven experience in a comparable position.
- A proven background within a Quality Control environment
- Proven experience in using advanced analytical techniques including HPLC & GC-MS.
- Previous experience in managing a small team.
- Available to travel internationally when required (between 1-3 trips each year)
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@SRG.co.uk . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: QC, QMS ,Quality Management, Senior Analyst, Chemicals