Transfer Chemist / Chemistry GraduateWednesbury£9.50 £10.00 per hour + perm role available for the right candidateTemporaryContact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 firstname.lastname@example.orgSRG are currently recruiting for...
£23,000 - £25,000
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 email@example.com
SRG are currently recruiting for a Lab Chemist role for our industry leading waste management client.
We are looking for people who have a real passion and understanding of chemistry, to be responsible for the analysis, handling and reporting of samples through the Laboratory. We are looking for someone with some industrial analytical experience, and chemistry, materials or chemistry-based forensic degrees.
- Help maintain, develop and validate analytical test methods and procedures to ensure accurate and timely results with full adherence to Quality Management System requirements
- Ensure that a comprehensive pre-acceptance analysis is carried out on all sales samples and that enquiries are delivered within the targeted timescale.
- Ensure that waste acceptance and verification analysis is carried out on all bulk loads on arrival and drum samples as requested.
- Provide support analysis as and when requested.
- Ensure that compliance testing of process outputs is carried out in accordance with company procedures with limits met or non-conformances reported.
- Ensure that all Laboratory equipment and instruments are maintained, serviced and calibrated in line with company procedures and manufactures guidelines
- Maintain an inventory to ensure that lab consumables and PPE are sufficiently controlled and stocked in line with company purchasing policy.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in all areas and ensure any housekeeping activities are carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Assist site management in the maintenance of Risk and COSH Assessments for activities and materials handled in the laboratory.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and that all laboratory records are maintained, current and fully traceable in line with statutory requirements and company procedures
- Chemistry degree or similar
- Analytical laboratory experience in industry
- IT literate - use of Microsoft office
- Practical understanding of a wide range of analytical methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical hazards and CoSHH
- Analytical with the ability to measure & monitor data and take appropriate action.
- Organised with the ability to simplify complex issues.