Job Title: Harvest Worker Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Contract: 3 Months Pay Rate: £10.77 an hour (circa £20,000 per annum) Exciting opportunity to work with...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Flavours Manager to join a well-respected manufacturing company that supplies products to the food and beverage industry.
You will be responsible for the production of our ISO17025:2017 accredited reference flavour standards.
This team leader role would entail managing a small team of talented chemists and is a hands-on role as a player/manager.
- Analysis of flavour complexes by GC and GC-MS
- Maintaining the schedule for analysis of batches of flavour complexes
- Method development and improvement of existing methods in line with the requirements of ISO 17025
- Method validation in line with requirements of ISO 17025
- Take part in sensory panel work
- Undertake analysis associated with special projects for customers Maintaining equipment (management of all associated tasks for):
- Maintenance and servicing of all GC and GC-MS equipment
- Stock management of all GC and GC-MS consumables
- Proactively work on new products to be brought to market
- Manage the work required to get the products available and in stock
- Manage the staffing within the flavours team
- Schedule work for the flavours team
- Liaise with the manager of the yeast team so that there is one production team where staff are scheduled /used across both areas of the business - Yeast production and Flavours production
- Actively provide training for team members to improve their knowledge and performance General practices
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry or related subjects
- Experience working in a quality regulated environment
- Good understanding of GC-MS and other chromatographic techniques
- Previous management experience would be advantageous but not essential
This is a great opportunity to join a very reputable organisation on a permanent basis. If this sounds like the right position for you please apply online or get in touch on the details below for a confidential discussion.
01753 589 647