Trainee Recruitment Consultant Life ScienceMayfair, London£18,000 £25,000 DOE + BonusScience Grad, but prefer people to pipettes? Perhaps you're not getting the buzz about applying for...
Blood Science Manager
Salary up to £65,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Do you have experience in managing the provision of high quality blood testing / clinical diagnostics?
Would you like to work for a leading, successful clinical diagnostics organisation as a Blood Science Manager?
My client is a leading provider of contract diagnostic services to both the public and private sector. They pride themselves in their expert service, leading to faster and more effective treatments. Due to expansion they are looking for a Blood Science Manager to set up a world-class blood testing service in the heart of London.
The primary responsibility of the Blood Science Manager is to provide vision and leadership for delivery of blood testing services. The post holder will be required to initially support the start up and transition of this business at London site.
- Continually improve the operational performance of blood testing management to clients by leading and developing a culture of operational excellence for all parts of the service.
- Grow, manage and develop a team of blood scientists.
- Be responsible for adherence to all relevant quality and clinical legislation. This includes but is not limited to Requirements for quality and competence (ISO 15189:2012) and Blood Safety and Quality Regulations 2005.
What can you bring to the role?
Key to success in this role is the ability to identify and achieve measurable improvements in testing services, quality assurance, customer service and operational productivity, as well as effectiveness in the use of human and financial resources.
To be considered you will need the following skills and experience;
- HCPC Registered, ideally with a specialist portfolio in Haematology / Transfusion Science.
- Experience in both people and operational management, developing people and processes to deliver service excellence.
- Comprehensive understanding of Laboratory based Blood Testing Techniques
- Knowledge of the Blood Safety and Quality Regulations 2005 and the Blood Safety and Quality (Amendment) Regulations 2006.
- Understanding of recommended practice/guidelines/regulatory requirements, with the ability to influence diverse audiences to adopt best practice.
This is likely to be the first in a series of new laboratories across the UK and the Blood Sciences Manager will act as company subject matter expert, involved in setting up subsequent laboratories. This is an opportunity for someone to really shape the way the organisation operates, putting the patients at the heart of the processes.
Key Words "Blood Testing, HCPC, Transfusion, Senior Manager, Laboratory Manager, Clinical Diagnostics, Lab Manager, Blood safety"
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role, please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.