Opportunity for a QC Technician, based in West Yorkshire. QC experience in a manufacturing environment ideal, otherwise general laboratory or analytical skills will be...
Opportunity for a QC Lab Technician, working shifts, based in the High Peak region. Chemistry or scientific background required OR QC experience in a manufacturing environment (or both)
Title: QC Lab Technician - Shifts
Location: High Peak
Salary: Circa £23,800 per annum - rising to circa £25,200 after probation
SRG is working with large, well-established company who manufacture plastic and polymer compounds for a range of industries and products sectors. The QC team are currently looking for a new Lab Technician to support them in testing in-process and finished products for some well-known customers. This role is part of a rotating shift system (details below) and would be well suited to a Chemistry graduate or HND, or perhaps someone with QC experience in a manufacturing environment.
Shift working hours: 8.5 hours per shift, with 1 hour paid break5.45am - 2.15pm // 1.45pm - 10.15pm // 9.45pm - 6.15amWeekly rotation
Benefits: Temp-to-perm role in a lively, supportive team with full training provided, 'buddy' scheme and wider training programmes. 3 month initial probation period, pay rise upon passing probation. Offering 20 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Enrolment into company pension scheme and access to rewards and discount scheme after probation.
Role / Description
- Using extrusion and injection moulding equipment to produce plastic samples for testing and measure performance
- QC testing and colour-matching of in-process samples and finished product samples
- Testing for tension, hardness, density, specific gravity, moisture, colour and other physical properties, as well as NMR for composition analysis.
- Using visual judgement and colour computers for matching and measurement
- Maintaining accurate records of test data and producing certificates of analysis
- Collecting samples from production as necessary to check for non-conformance
- Maintaining good lab housekeeping and adhering to H&S culture
- Degree or HND in Chemistry or similar discipline
- Previous experience of quality control or testing products in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Must have own transport or otherwise live locally to site
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with some laboratory experience and good wet chemistry skills to work in a successful and stable manufacturing company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, laboratory, testing, physical testing, density, hardness, colour, compounding, plastic, chemical, manufacturing, chemistry, science, colour matching, masterbatch, extrusion, injection moulding