Scientist Oncology Diagnostics / Liquid Biopsy London BasedSalary £37,000 £45,000 (commensurate with experience) Do you have experience in the development of molecular IVD technology?Would you...
Scientist - Molecular Biology / Microbial Molecular Biology
£32,000 - £37,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Are you a Microbial Molecular Biologist with experience in cloning and secretion in Gram-negative bacteria?
Would you like to work for a leading Synthetic Biology / Immuno-Oncology Research Company?
My client is an innovative biotechnology company that applies synthetic biology to the development of novel cancer immunotherapies. They have established patents for recombinant vaccines and solid tumour therapeutics and are continuing to discover and develop the next generation of advanced therapeutics.
Due to continued expansion they are are looking for a highly motivated and creative microbial molecular biologist to join their expanding team of research scientists. The successful candidate will be running experiments aimed at optimising strains to increase fitness for heterologous antigen delivery and tumour targeting.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in standard molecular biology techniques and the desire to apply the skills that he/she has acquired through their research to the complex challenges of vaccine and immunotherapy development. The Scientist - Molecular Biology will work within the research and development team and will be responsible for assisting the team in developing protocols and for running daily experiments.
You will be expected to stay current with scientific literature, technologies and developments in the molecular biology field that may be relevant to the project needs. You will be collaborating with all lab members of the team daily.Key responsibilities:
- Construction of expression plasmids
- Strain modification by site specific mutagenesis and genotype/phenotype characterisation
- Techniques used include bacterial culture, cloning (restriction enzyme ligation, TOPO cloning, Gibson assembly), gene targeting, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, protein extraction and analysis, promoters engineering, use of reporter proteins, fluorescence microscopy.
- Contribute to experimental planning and design,working with senior and principal scientists to write or revise protocols, technical reports, SOPs and risk assessments.
To be considered you will need the following skills and experience;
Required experience and attributes:
- Ph.D. in microbiology, microbial molecular genetics or related discipline; alternatively, MSc or equivalent with significant relevant work experience in academia or industry
- Significant experience in gene cloning, gene targeting, recombinant protein expression and secretion in Gram-negative bacteria
- Ability to plan experiments and work independently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret data
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work well under pressure and to challenging timelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluency in written and oral English
- Team working skills
Desirable experience or know-how:
- Specific experience in Salmonella or Gram Negative host-pathogen interaction
- Good knowledge of immunology
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools for recombinant protein expression optimisation and high throughput methods for gene cloning
- Familiarity with bacterial quorum sensing in gene expression regulation
- Anaerobic culture methods
Key Words "bacterial culture, cloning, gene targeting, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, protein extraction and analysis, promoters engineering, reporter proteins, fluorescence microscopy, Microbial Molecular Biology, R&D, Research Scientist, Molecular Biologist, Microbiology, Research & Development, Synthetic Biology, Immuno-Oncology, PhD, Research Scientist, Molecular Biology"
This is an excellent opportunity to join a succesful and growing Biotechnology company focused on Synthetic Biology and Immuno-Oncology Research.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.