Scientist Molecular Biology / Microbial Molecular Biology£32,000 £37,000 + Excellent BenefitsBased in London Are you a Microbial Molecular Biologist with experience in cloning and secretion...
Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
£32,000 - £37,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Are you an immunologist with experience in tumor therapeutics and cellular immunology?
Would you like to work for a leading Synthetic Biology / Immuno-Oncology Research Company?
My client is an innovative biotechnology company that applies synthetic biology to the development of novel cancer immunotherapies. They have established patents for recombinant vaccines and solid tumour therapeutics and are continuing to discover and develop the next generation of advanced therapeutics.
Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a highly motivated immunologist/cell biologist/oncologist to join their expanding lab based Research Scientist team. This is a lab-based role and the successful candidate will be running and improving immunological assays aimed at defining the mode of action of novel immunotherapies.
The Scientist - Immuno-Oncology will work within the R&D team and will be accountable for assisting the team in developing protocols, and for running and optimising in vitro immunological assays with emphasis on 3D cell culture. Analysis, interpretation and reporting of results will be expected.
You will be expected to stay current with new assay technologies and developments in the field of 3D cell culture that may be relevant to project needs. You will be collaborating with all lab members of the team daily; thus, strong team working skills are essential.
- Run immunological assays for (but not limited to) product MoA determination, with emphasis on assays involving 3D culture in hypoxic conditions
- Contribute to experimental planning and design
- Work with senior and principal scientists to write or revise protocols, SOPs and risk assessments.
- Assays include ELISpot, ELISA, flow cytometry, cell-based assays (activation, cytotoxicity, proliferation etc), 3D cell culture and fluorescence microscopy, real time imaging and high-throughput image analysis.
- Ensure work is carried out in the spirit of GLP, to ensure traceability and robust science.
To be considered you will need the following skills and experience;
- PhD in immunology, cell biology or a related discipline; alternatively, a MSc or equivalent with considerable, relevant work experience (preferably in industry).
- Experience in 3D cell culture technique(s), imaging and their use in tumour immunology (experience from either oncology-focused academic or industrial laboratories).
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills with an ability to work well under pressure and to challenging timelines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret complex data.
- A proven ability to plan experiments and work independently in an academic or industrial research environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; fluency in written and oral English.
Desirable skills or experience:
- Specific experience in studying tumour-immune cell interactions in 3D systems
- Familiarity with host-pathogen interactions and characterisation thereof
- Experience in high-throughput image analysis
Key Words "ELISpot, ELISA, flow cytometry, cell-based assay, activation, cytotoxicity, proliferation, 3D cell culture and fluorescence microscopy, R&D, Synthetic Biology, Immuno-Oncology, PhD, Research Scientist, Immunologist, Cell Biologist, Cellular Immunology, This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing Biotechnology company focused on Synthetic Biology and Immuno-Oncology Research.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.