Senior Research Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar and practical experience of producing new materials...
Analytical Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. HND or degree in Chemistry (or similar) required. No previous industrial experience necessary. Driving licence essential.
Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG is working with a multi-national chemicals manufacturer who product a highly varied range of products to industries worldwide. One of their main sites is based in North Cheshire, where the central Analytical Team are looking to hire a new Analytical Chemist focused on environmental analysis. With a site-wide project about to begin, the successful individual will be supporting the analysis of liquid and gaseous emissions, occupational health samples and other environmental samples. It would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in analysis or environmental testing - perhaps you are a recent chemistry graduate or have completed a scientific HND? If so, please read on.
Benefits: Joining a small team of 6 in a well-known company with a great reputation for employee welfare and development. Full training provided. 36 working hours, 8am-3.45pm Monday to Friday. 29.5 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Option to take 5 further days or a 2% cash bonus. Private healthcare, company bonus and an excellent pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Analysis of aqueous and gaseous outfalls and emissions from multiple locations across site
- Analysis of samples provided from Occupational Health
- Conducting all analysis using established procedures and methods
- Testing for trace metals, TOC, VOC, pH, suspended solids, sulphates, sulphide, chlorine, dissolved oxygen and others
- Managing time and workload accordingly to meet analysis schedule, business requirements and unscheduled samples
- Validating and reporting results of analysis, highlighting anomalies to senior staff
- Basic instrument maintenance and calibration
- Maintaining quality control and quality assurance records to meet standards
- HND or degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science, Forensic Science or similar
- Good practical laboratory skills - may be gained in an educational setting
- Valid driving licence
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, able to adapt according to priorities
- A strong team player, able to collaborate and support colleagues as needed
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: graduate, degree, HND, chemist, chemistry, applied science, laboratory chemical, forensic science, analytical analysis, analyse, analyst, testing, water analysis, environmental testing, environmental analysis
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.