Research Scientist Protein / Antibody analysis Role Type: Permanent Salary: Dependent on Experience/Level of role 27,000-34,000 Skills: Protein and Antibody Analysis, HPLC, Antibody, Protein science,...
Senior Protein Biochemist
Permanent: 35 hours
Salary: competitive + benefits
Are you a Biochemist looking for your next industrial opportunity?
SRG are working with a dynamic antibody development research company in Cambridge. They are focused on developing novel antibody therapies to treat a variety of immune disorders and other diseases such as cancer. Their molecular biochemistry team is expanding and they are currently looking for an experienced biochemist to drive their complex molecule characterisation studies to support their R&D portfolio.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing novel assays to analyse kinetic binding via SPR or BLI technology
- Quantitate complexes and perform protein analysis
- Suggest and develop innovative solutions for designing kinetic methods
- Maintain accurate records and interpret data for reports and any supporting information for patent filings/publications
- Train and mentor other staff members when necessary.
You will have:
- Ideally hold a PhD in Protein Biochemistry/Biophysics or a Master's degree with extensive industrial experience
- Strong technical knowledge of protein biochemistry techniques
- Expertise in running surface Plasmon resonance (eg. Biacore) or Biolayer interferometry techniques (eg. Octet) is essential
- Previous experience with chromatography techniques including HPLC, size-exclusion, column chromatography and capillary electrophoresis is desirable.
If you're interested then apply now with your CV. Feel free to ask any questions to Rachael Usher at Rachael.email@example.com or call on 0161 868 2250.