Title: QC analystLocation: North WestSalary: CompetitiveDuration: 6 Months, with a chance to be extended.I'm really excited to share a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QC...
QC Supervisor required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a strong background in QC or laboratory testing and understanding of quality assurance and quality management systems higher qualification
Title: QC Supervisor
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly successful lubricants manufacturer, with a worldwide customer base for their speciality fluids and greases. Due to internal restructuring and succession planning, the technical team are now looking for a QC Supervisor to take on elements of QC and quality management. The role would be ideal for someone with a background in QC or laboratory testing and a good understanding of quality assurance and standards including ISO 9001.
Benefits: A well-established and successful company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity to take some ownership of the QC function and introduce new quality initiatives to improve efficiency. Modern working environment, with an on-site gym and free parking. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, excellent pension scheme and competitive annual bonus.
Role / Description
- Coordinating the daily laboratory testing schedule for raw materials, production and finished product samples
- Supporting QC Technicians with testing including Brookfield viscosity, Karl Fischer, XRF, IR and general wet chemistry techniques as required
- Liaising with production to resolve quality issues and amend batch sheets as necessary
- Collating data and producing documentation and Certificates of Analysis as required in line with the QMS
- Reviewing the Quality Management System and documentation procedures for testing, with regard to ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Supporting the Quality Manager with audits and resolution of production quality issues
- Proven experience of QC testing chemical products in a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of Quality Management Systems and standards including ISO 9001 or previous QA experience
- Previous experience of supervision or people management would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Good attention to detail, self-motivated and hands-on
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, quality, QC, QMS, QA, quality control, physical testing, lubricant, ISO 9001, AS9100, grease, oil, chemical, fluid, viscosity, Karl Fischer, XRF, IR, tribology, corrosion, paint, coatings, chemist, manufacturing, production