QC Technician required in Greater ManchesterJob title: QC TechnicianLocation: Great ManchesterSalary: £18,000 £20,000SRG is working with a small, but very well established company producing a...
QC Technician required, based in Merseyside. Requiring practical laboratory experience, ideally from a manufacturing environment. Degree not required but graduates will be considered. Basic lab practice and good record-keeping is essential.
Title: QC Technician
Pay Rate: £9.00 per hour (annual equivalent: £18,720 per annum)
SRG is working with a global manufacturer of polymer resins, who are looking to expand the team at their site in Merseyside. They are looking to hire a QC Technician to support the technical team in the testing of manufactured products and maintaining related documentation, working directly with the Technical Manager. The role would be ideal for someone with some laboratory or materials testing experience, who has good basic lab practice and record-keeping skills.
Benefits: Well established, family-owned company with a global presence, offering a permanent position in a small team with training and excellent further development prospects. Working hours of 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Auto-enrolment pension scheme and 20 days holiday (increasing with length of service), plus 8 statutory days.
Role / Description
- Quality control testing on manufactured products and raw materials - techniques including viscosity, specific gravity, gel time, hardness, Karl Fischer and IR
- Recording production and testing data with a high degree of accuracy
- Completing, compiling and maintaining technical documents and reports
- Supporting the Quality Management System (ISO 9001) with calibration scheduling, internal audits, environmental monitoring and Certificates of Analysis
- Designing and conducting tests for validation of raw materials
- Supporting reformulation work as needed and producing small to medium scale sample batches
- Maintaining clean, safe and tidy laboratory environment
- Practical laboratory experience, ideally gained in a production/manufacturing environment
- HNC or degree in Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
- Good laboratory practice and housekeeping
- Excellent reporting and record keeping skills
- Driven attitude and a willingness to learn
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with laboratory or testing experience to join a company in a role with long term prospects and potential for further professional development.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, materials, polymer, resin, polymers, resins, materials, coating, paint, physical testing, viscosity, gel time, production, manufacturing, chemistry, chemical, A Level, degree, experienced, analysis, wet chemistry, QC, quality control