Analytical Development Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or similar discipline, paired with industrial experience of using GC and/or GC-MS...
Analytical Chemist based within a R&D centre of Excellence in Manchester
Title Analytical Chemist Location Greater ManchesterSalary £25,000 - £28,000
SRG are working with an industry leading innovative organisation responsible for designing unique additives & speciality chemicals for a variety of applications. They are leading the way in the synthesis of novel compounds to enhance the longevity, durability and usefulness of a variety of products. They are now seeking to hire an analytical chemist to join them at their well established and well equipped UK centre of R&D excellence based in Manchester.This would be an ideal opportunity for an established analytical chemist with a great deal of chromatography knowledge, but training can also be offered to graduate chemists who demonstrate a genuine passion to begin a career as an expert analyst.
Benefits: Working alongside a well-established team at the company R&D centre of excellence this position can offer 33 days annual leave, 7% pension scheme, and a Private medical care scheme.
The role:This position will be responsible for providing an expert analytical service, supporting the business through the use of a variety of analytical techniques & solving complex analytical problems. Duties will include:
- Extraction, identification and quantification of additives using HPLC, GC, and Mass Spec
- Development of new analytical methods as required
- Collaborating with the process development team to analyse & understand new chemical processes.
- Providing detailed data for the registration of new products (REACh, FDA)
- Responding to requests of information from customers -providing detailed reports.
Working Hours:37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday - some flexibility on times around core hours.
- A degree in Chemistry, Analytical science or a relevant field
- Proven analytical experience
- Proven ability with HPLC & GCMS, with the ability to develop new methods
- Proactive attitude & excellent communication skills
**Recent graduates with no previous experience will also be considered as training can be offered for the right individual**
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srg.co.uk . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Analytical, Analyst, Chemist, Graduate, HPLC, Organic