Laboratory Technician (Temp) x2 NewmarketTemporaryStandard Working hours£10 per hr.Average of 37 hours per week forecastKey Skills: Sampling, Liquid Handling, Wet Chemistry, SOP, Scientific, Production. Are...
Bioproduction Manager (Product Support)
Working for a global leader of research solutions to the life science industry, you will manage the Bioproduction team - a group of highly skilled scientists who are working on new product development and optimisation of cell line development processes (CHO based platform).
Through use of the gene-editing tools, this goal is to make this team the go-to manufacturer of CHO cells to the industry.
- Daily line management of the Bioproduction Scientists - offering advice, guidance and mentoring of the team to ensure career progression and development and any performance issues are addressed quickly.
- Manage new product development and collaborate with the manager of Bioproduction Product Support, generation of novel IP and coordination of resources and staffing to ensure specific deliverables are achieved on cost and on time.
- Developing and maintaining an up to date pipeline of avenues to explore for new product development.
- Succession-planning for the team - identifying key strengths of existing staff, actively expanding your talent network and forecasting the needs of the team as it continues to grow.
- Actively encourage and empower the team to be accountable for their projects and personal development, as well as having a good understanding of the bigger-picture.
- Proven track record of managing a group of multi-disciplinary scientists who will range from junior through to highly experienced scientists.
- Well-developed understanding of the Bioproduction space and the challenges associated with bringing drugs to the commercial market.
- Curious, driven, innovator and strong influencer. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project management, project planning and execution experience.
- Molecular Biology skills, specifically related to cell line development.
- Sound business acumen - ability to translate advanced scientific appreciation into possible new business opportunities.
Qualification and experience:
- PhD or corresponding proven background in life sciences, biotechnology, biochemical engineering for example - plus - a minimum of 5 years work experience within the Bioproduction industry or leading academic institution.
- Proven managerial/supervisory background from a commercial setting.
If this describes you and the next step, then please contact me as soon as possible for a further conversation - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858.