Analytical Chemist required on a permanent basis, based in East Yorkshire. Minimum A Level Chemistry, with industry experience of wet chemistry or analytical techniques ICP,...
Analytical Chemist based in Humberside
Title Analytical Chemist
Salary £18,000 - £22,000
SRG are currently working with a well-established analytical laboratory in the Humberside area who are specialist in the analysis of Oil & Petrochemical products. Recognised as experts in their industry, they are keen to hire an analytical chemist to join their expanding site. Working alongside an experienced team, full training can be provided making this an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate with Analytical experience or equally an experienced chemist looking for a stable position with an industry leader.
Role / Description
This position will be responsible for the analysis of Oil & Petrochemical products to a high degree of accuracy and in line with industry quality standards such as ASTM & IP. Duties will include;
- Analysis on a wide range of Petroleum and Petrochemical products using techniques such as:
- Sampling offsite storage tanks & vessels.
- Producing detailed technical reports & certificates of analysis
- Working in compliance with quality standards such as ISO 17025.
- General laboratory maintenance.
Working Hours: This position will work 37.5 hours a week but will not have routine working times, and will require the flexibility to work unsociable hours which may include weekends.
- A degree or equivalent qualification within chemistry or a related field.
- Previous laboratory experience - ideally within an industry related to Petro-chemistry would be advantageous.
- Able to work changing & unsociable hours when required.
- Full Uk Driving Licence
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srg.co.uk .. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.