An innovative medical device company based in South Oxfordshire is currently recruiting for a Laboratory & Facilities Manager to join their team. This is a...
Competitive salary + Annual bonus + Stock Options (subject to qualifying) + Up to 5% matched contributions pension (salary sacrifice) + 25 days annual leave
Contact Andrew for a full discussion or to register an interest: 0121 728 8456 email@example.com
We are recruiting for an experienced and talented Product Manager to contribute to the continued development and growth of our client. We are looking for a science/technical/eng background and you will have an appetite to solve the challenges of the Food industry, the ability to process complex issues, work with multi-disciplinary teams and technologies, as well as taking an active role in the design and development of new products. This is a hybrid technical and marketing role, so we are looking for someone who has a profile that can fulfil both parts and remits.
You will have extensive experience of taking a product from concept through to launch and full lifecycle management. Ideally you will have experience of developing innovative products for chemical processing and liquid handling within a regulated market. This would be a huge advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful outcomes when commercialising a new product
- Excellent market analysis and strong customer requirement gathering competence
- Strong appreciation for project management principles , technical documentation, quality management (ISO9001) and product regulatory compliance (chemicals, electrical, mechanical)
- Working knowledge of relevant food industry regulations
- Experience of developing product strategy and roadmapsAnalytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- A self-reliant, results orientated, energetic, flexible individual with a strong team working ethos
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skillsPragmatic with the ability to understand complex technical programs
- Strong stakeholder management capability
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Engineering / Mechanical / Design / Chemistry or equivalent degree
- Post graduate Business/Marketing qualification would be advantageous
- Significant industrial experience within product development
- Product development following a stage gate methodology
- Project management qualification would be an advantageapply.
- Managing the stage gate process for all new development projects ensuring key activities are conducted, progress is regularly reviewed and project development is fully documented
- Collaborating with management and external parties to document the business, financial, market, scientific and technical justification for new product opportunities
- Collating market and customer feedback to inform product technical specifications
- Providing detailed market assessment including competitor analysis for evaluation of product opportunities
- Coordinating regular project reviews to ensure progress against milestones, project cost updates and reporting KPIs to the leadership team
- Leading the new material introduction process ensuring cross functional collaboration and control of the item and BOM process
- Establishing pilot projects with potential partners to evaluate the scientific and commercial benefit of new product ideas and technologies
- Ensuring detailed planning is undertaken for scale up trials and assist the commercial functions with identification suitable customer trial sites
- Developing product descriptions, customer benefits, application notes, technical documents and support all Marketing, Sales and Service activities as required.
- Liaising with Sales and Marketing to ensure the definition and execution of a coordinated commercialisation plan, including user testing established and enacted to drive successful market adoption of new products