Shift Site Chemist
£21,500 a year
My client are a provider of chemical waste treatment, disposal and recycling services, based in Derbyshire. We are looking for a couple of shift site chemists on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will be on a shift basis Monday - Friday and will include occasional nights and weekends. It is an outdoors based role with work required in all weather conditions, so please bear this in mind. But it is a great chance to get in to an ever growing industry, with plenty of opportunity to progress and grow. My client are offering a starting salary of £21,500 pa which will depend on experience, as well as 20 days holiday + bank holidays.
Hours and days of work will rotate on a weekly basis and shift hours are 6am-3pm, 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm and 11am-8pm. There will likely be some weekends on a reasonable rota basis and this will qualify for time off in lieu and/or additional remuneration. In the future there may also be the need to work occasional night shifts, 8pm-6am, on a reasonable rota basis, and night shift work will qualify for additional pay.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Input control
- Process authorisation
- Requires a hands-on person capable of mostly outdoor work (in an industrial environment)
- Some laboratory work
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- HNC qualification or equivalent in Chemistry - minimum essential requirement
- Preferably degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry
- Industrial or waste experience would be beneficial
- Driving license required due to location of site and shifts