PhysicistAre you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using technology to solve complex challenges?Are you an experienced Physicist looking for your next challenge?The OpportunityI...
Senior Analytical Specialist - Global ingredients manufacturer
Bury St EdmundsPermanent
* Providing technical training and support relating to a range of laboratory equipment such as: GC-MS, LC-MS and Liquid Chromatography devices, as well as assisting with method development, identification of new techniques and implementing them into the business.
* Working in line with prescribed practices, ensuring regular calibration and validation activities take place and are catalogued as appropriate.
* Schedule and deliver training to analysts who specialise in the above-mentioned techniques
* Management, development and validation of quantitative methods for all GC, LC, MS and spectroscopic techniques
* Participate in customer audits relating to analytical techniques
* Taking an active role in investigations into analytical failures
* Write, review, update and store department risk assessments and SOP's
* Take an active part in continuous improvement strategies to aid the department in cost reduction and time efficiencies
* Demonstrable background in analytical chemistry
* Minimum of BSc in Chemistry or equivalent
* Proven history of working in the chemical industry in a technical support role
* Strong practical skills in using GC-MS, MS, LC, spectroscopy methodologies
* Able to use strong influencing and engagement skills
* Proven skills in training others, a training qualification would be beneficial though not essential