I'm currently recruiting for Laboratory Technician for a well-established polymer manufacturing company based in Warwickshire. This is a permanent role, paying around £23,000 dependant on...
I'm currently recruiting for an experienced Polymer Technologist for a well-established manufacturing company based in the Midlands. Reporting into the site R&D Manager, this is a permanent role, paying £25-35,000 dependant on experience, and starts as soon as possible.
- To participate in R&D projects and develop technically innovative new polymer products, including generating new ideas and reporting on project progress
- Evaluate/introduce alternative raw materials and new processes to ensure cost reduction and technical improvement
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Sales & Marketing, helping to resolve process issues and see ideas through from trial status through process optimization to successful implementation.
- Develop effective working relationships with current suppliers and identify potential new suppliers
- Undertake internal testing and commission external testing when appropriate to aid in the benchmarking of competitor products
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry / Polymer Science / Related
- Previous industrial or academic experience developing formulating polymer products
- Adhesive / Coating / Plastic / Resin Experience
- Experience in delivery of new product development from concept to commercial launch
- Project management, Continues Improvement and Team Working skills
- Willingness to travel internationally (to meet suppliers/customers/research partners)
If this role looks of interest please apply online. For further information please call Tom Pickford on 0121 726 9750.