Research Scientist in Electrochemical Sensors£25,000 £30,000 + BenefitsBased in London and Hertfordshire Do you have experience in electrochemical sensors and / or nanomaterial synthesis?Would you...
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Our client, an entrepreneurial and revolutionary organisation based to the South of Cambridge, are hiring for a number of Synthetic Organic Chemists to grow and develop a novel silicon array within the realms of highly disruptive technology.
- Educated to BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent, in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry along with/or a proven background in development of processes in synthetic organic chemistry - either from within academia or a mix of both academic and industrial experience.
- You will be capable and confident in using analytical methodology such as NMR, MS, IR and HPLC. Along with MS Office, Chemdraw, Reaxys and fluorescence, reaction kinetics, nucleotide/side chemistry and surface analysis, synthetic chemistry route design and process optimisation, analytical techniques associated with oligo-synthesis.
- You will be comfortable working in small and highly cohesive project teams across multidisciplinary fields such as: engineering, physics, surface and synthetic chemistry, biology and software engineering.
- You will work well to deadlines with minimal supervision and be capable of leading and influencing others, demonstrating a solutions-focused approach and always "going out on a limb" to propose novel strategies to achieve the goal in the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, enjoys presenting to other teams, working collaboratively and supportively in a fast-moving and ever-evolving discipline.
- You will have an up-to-date working knowledge of safety protocols including COSHH/HSE and risk assessments.
- It would be helpful to have worked with DNA Synthesis and in particular novel organic molecules for synthesis in a highly parallel manner - though this is not essential.
These roles represent a fantastic opportunity to work with a select group of scientists at the cutting-edge of de novo gene synthesis. You will expected to contribute to the progression of research and development in the unique and emerging area of science.