Analytical Chemist based within a R&D centre of Excellence in ManchesterTitle Analytical Chemist Location Greater ManchesterSalary £25,000 £28,000SRG are working with an industry leading...
Immediate start opportunity for an Analytical Technician in Cheshire
Title: Analytical Technician - Circa £20,000
Full time / temporary contract (Initially 6-8 weeks)
SRG currently have an immediate start opportunity with an innovative company who are focussed on developing new green energy technologies. Based in Cheshire, the company's specialist plant is a trialling a new process which allows the efficient use of biomass and the reduction of environmental impact through innovative bio-refining technologies.They are seeking an experienced chemist to join them on a temporary basis and provide analytical support as the sole chemist onsite.
The RoleThis will be an integral position, vital to the successful day to day operation of the site. Duties will include:
- Collecting samples and carrying out testing on the waste streams, digestate and biogas
- Using a gas chromatography (GC) - to analyse and characterise gas composition
- Conducting other tests including: COD, VFA, pH, Ammonium, Total Solids
- Analysis of fat and protein
- Recording analytical results
- Attending production and scheduling meetings
- Working to SOPs and health and safety processes
08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday
- Degree educated in Chemistry or other relevant science subject
- Proven analytical experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Job holder must be happy to work in and outdoors in a role that will require you to be physically active
- Able to spot abnormalities in test results
- Able to adhere to good laboratory practice
- Knowledge of anaerobic digestion advantageous
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Alison.Jones@srg.co.uk or for more information regarding this position or any others, please call Alison on 0161 868 22216. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, wet chemistry, waste, analytical, Environmental