Roving QA Assistant12 month fixed term contract to cover MAT leave £28,210StaffsContact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 firstname.lastname@example.orgContext:My client are a UK manufacturer of instant dry...
Roving QA Assistant
12 month fixed term contract to cover MAT leave
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 email@example.com
My client are a UK manufacturer of instant dry powders for the food & beverage industry; supplying major brands and own label products to retailers, B2B, food service customers and brand owners. The company develops, manufactures and processes functional ingredients through to complex finished products.
The Roving QA Assistant is responsible for monitoring manufacturing process to ensure product matches reference standards by way of organoleptic, physical, and chemical testing. Additionally the role holder will need to ensure that a high level of technical integrity is maintained with regard to product safety, legality and quality, in keeping with the quality plan, legislative requirements, company expectations and third party accreditations.
Job Function / Responsibilities:
- Verify the quality of raw materials arriving on site by checking CoA's against the approved specification, ensure that printed packaging matches agreed colour standards and the correct version of artwork has been printed.
- Carry out testing of products including organoleptic evaluation against reference samples, chemical and physical testing e.g. moisture testing, bulk density etc.
- Check factory paperwork to ensure that it is completed and accurate. Highlight any errors or omissions to the relevant QA Manager and Shift Manager.
- Carry out GMP, fabrication, Glass & Hard Plastics, internal audits etc. as per the relevant schedules.
- Assist in the prompt investigation of customer complaints and ensure that all complaints are logged and closed out in a timely fashion.
- Assist in collating of routine samples for submitting for laboratory analysis, and ensure samples are uploaded on to laboratory portals. Compiling and verifying external test results and preparing CoA's as required.
- Carry out daily roving auditor role to review Goods Inwards, Processing, Blending, and Packing paperwork to identify errors and omissions at the time of occurrence. Complete a non-conformance report and where applicable carry out training as required.
- Assist with process validation studies, including sampling, recording and compiling reports.
- Compiling and verifying finished goods retained samples. Conducting start and end of life shelf life evaluations including organoleptic, physical and chemical testing.
- Attend process, blending and packing trials and issue technical reports on the results and conclusions.
- HND or higher in relevant subject area i.e. Food Science, Food technology (depending on experience).
- Food Hygiene training
- Internal Audit training
- HACCP Level 3
- Experience in a Technical role working within a food manufacturing / Processing environment
Computer literate on MS Word, MS Excel, SAP
Awareness of Food legislation and Health & safety
Food safety assurance
GMP experience in food industry
Taste panel & sensory analyses - functionality/perception
Competencies / Behaviours
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills an ability to engage effectively across all levels
- Attention to detail and high concentration levels
- Good technical knowledge regarding Food Safety & Quality.
- Results Orientated & Highly Motivated.
- Organisational skills.