An opportunity for a Principal Analyst to join a market leading Contract Testing Organisation Job Title: Principal AnalystDuration: permanentSalary: competitiveLocation: Shropshire SRG are working with...
Shift Analyst required on a long-term temporary contract, with a view to permanent. Based in North Cheshire. Minimum HNC in Chemistry or similar discipline and industrial experience of laboratory-based QC or analysis, particularly GC (gas chromatography).
Title: Shift Analyst
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: Circa £31,000 (including shift bonus)
Term: Long-term Temporary, moving to permanent
SRG is working with a leading chemicals manufacturer who supply raw materials for a range of medical-grade products. They are currently looking for a Shift Analyst to join their busy QC team in Cheshire on a long term temporary contract, with a view to moving onto a permanent contract in the future. The role will involve QC analysis, using GC and a range of wet chemistry techniques to support production operations, ensuring that process control, product quality and cGMP requirements are consistently met. This opportunity would be best suited someone with a background in analytical chemistry, with practical experience of using GC in a working laboratory.
The shift pattern is 2x 12 hour day shifts (7am-7pm), followed by 2x 12 hour night shifts (7pm-7am), followed by 8 days off.
Benefits: Well-established company with a genuinely good reputation, offering an opportunity in quality control in a GMP environment, with in-house training and excellent potential for long term employment. Competitive salary with shift bonus. Hours during initial training period: 9am-5pm.
Role / Description:
- Conducting GC and wet chemistry analysis on raw materials, in process, finished products and packaging to ensure that strict product quality standards are me
- Reviewing and validating data in line with operational and analytical standards
- Prioritising workload to ensure that business plans are achieved
- Investigating out of trend data and reporting as necessary
- Maintaining laboratory equipment compliant to cGMP standards
- Undertaking all activities in line with GMP
- HNC, HND or Degree In Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
- Strong practical knowledge and hands-on experience of GC (Gas Chromatography) methods
- Previous QC or analytical experience in a working/industrial laboratory - contract-testing, pharmaceutical, medical device and chemical industries will all be considered
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Thorough, with excellent attention to detail and strong Health & Safety awareness.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone to work and gain experience in a well-reputed company, with thorough training and opportunities to further develop.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, analyst, analytical, pharmaceutical, medical grade, GMP, cGMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, wet chemistry, GC, gas chromatography, medical device, contract testing, laboratory, quality, chemical