Analytical Chemist based within a R&D centre of Excellence in ManchesterTitle Analytical Chemist Location Greater ManchesterSalary £25,000 £28,000SRG are working with an industry leading...
Analytical Development Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or similar discipline, paired with industrial experience of using GC and/or GC-MS instrumentation, and practical knowledge of method validation or development.
Title: Analytical Development Chemist
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Term: Initial 3 month contract, with a view to permanent
SRG is working exclusively with a successful manufacturing company with a busy analytical laboratory. They are keen to continue adding value to their customers with first-class analysis and improved analytical methods, so are now looking for an Analytical Development Chemist to join their technical team as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be experienced in GC and/or GC-MS analysis, with skills in method validation or development.
Benefits: A well-established business offering an opportunity with long-term prospects and the chance to be a key part of the company's growth plans. 40 working hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times. Offering 25 days holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include a company pension, life assurance and private healthcare.
Role / Description
- Supporting the analysis of raw materials and final products using GC, GC-MS, ICP-OES, NMR and wet chemistry techniques
- Developing and validating new and improved methods and procedures for testing on analytical equipment, particularly GC and GC-MS
- Conducting maintenance and troubleshooting on analytical equipment
- Managing the maintenance, calibration and service schedule for instrumentation
- Reviewing, trending and presenting analysis for continuous improvement
- Training other members of staff in the use of analytical equipment and test methods
- Establishing a point of contact and expertise for the laboratory
- Overseeing the maintenance of laboratory supplies and chemical stocks
- Liaising with equipment suppliers and contractors for updates, repairs or troubleshooting purposes
- Degree in Chemistry or similar
- Previous industrial experience using GC or GC-MS for analysis and validating or developing methods for this instrumentation
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Confident, with good communication skills and a positive approach to solving problems
- Able to take ownership of tasks and thrive under pressure
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an Analytical Chemist with experience of GC or GC-MS to take on a challenging but rewarding role and become a future leader in this company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, gas chromatography, GC, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, GC-MS, GCMS, laboratory, testing, analysis, method development, confident, responsibility, future leader