Graduate Process Technician An innovative, sustainable materials company, based in the York area, is looking to recruit a Graduate Process Technician to join their team...
HSE Process Safety Manager
Salary Dependent on Experience
A successful pharmaceutical manufacturer, in the Northumberland area, are looking to hire a Process Safety Manager to join their HSE department on a permanent basis.
The successful Process Safety Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of the process safety (major hazards) management system; providing technical input and leadership in all aspects of plant and process and operational health, safety and environmental management.
- Ensuring compliance with CoMAH
- Managing the major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes
- Ownership and authorising of process safety relevant procedures and contribution to the creation/revision of other procedures as required
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training on process safety issues
- Involvement in the preparation and revision of key permitting / licence documentation relevant to process safety such as the CoMAH safety report
- Liaise with process / project engineering departments
- Review and sign off process and engineering modifications
- Review reports and interpret results
- Write technical safety briefs and SOPs
- Perform risk assessments on plant, equipment and operations
- Provide technical safety assessments on new business opportunities
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant Degree - chemistry, chemical / process engineering
- Chartered membership of a relevant institution is desired
- NEBOSH certificate
- A solid understanding of CoMAH
- Manufacturing / productions environment within an upper tier CoMAH establishment
- Knowledge and experience of major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes
- Keen prioritisation and time-management skills
- Knowledge of formal hazard assessment techniques such as Hazop and Hazan and corporate methodologies
If this position sounds like it could be the next step for you, apply now or contact Charlotte on 0191 284 6768 for more information.