Development Technician Chemistry£21,000 £23,0005 month contract initiallyBased in Berkshire Do you have experience in a laboratory environment?Would you like to work in a state-of-the-art modern...
Job Title: Research Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 months
Pay Rate: From £16.82 an hour (circa £31,500 p.a.)
SRG are working with a global leading agrochemical company who are seeking a Research Scientist for the analysis and characterisation of active ingredients and co-formulants used in their portfolio of crop protection products (e.g. herbicides, fungicides and insecticides).
The Research Scientist will have a keen interest in analysis and problem solving with a good knowledge and application of basic chemistry and mathematics.
- Use of a range of analytical techniques such as GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS and GPC.
- Investigative analysis of samples - characterising and comparing these for differences
- Using a range of instrumentation to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Interpret experimental data for report writing, communicating to team and wider research groups.
- Hold a degree in Chemistry or a relevant scientific subject with an interest in broader chemistry and learning multiple techniques.
- Previous work in polymer or materials science would be advantageous.
- Experience working within a research laboratory setting - demonstrable experience of problem solving beyond routine quality control.
- Experience with techniques including GC-MS, LC-MS and GPC would be advantageous.
- Ability to learn new software or hardware quickly.
Apply online today to avoid disappointment. Added benefits include a generous 31.5 days annual leave.
Interviews are expected to be arranged from week commencing 2nd September 2019.