Cell Culture TechnicianRole Type: fixed term contractSalary: £24K DOELocation: CambridgeshireSkills: Cell Culture, Hela Cell expertiseMy client based in the Cambridgeshire area works on the Development,...
Cell Biologist Location: Stevenage Salary: £13.65/hrContract length: 12 months
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Cell Biologist to join their Cell and Gene Therapy group on a contract basis for 12 months.
- Preparation of medium, cell culture, viral vector preparation, formulation of cells and viral vectors, analytical testing of cells and viral vector as required
- Work within multiple teams to support development work across multiple disciplines including formulation development, analytical development, cell and viral vector research and development
- Implement directions from and work closely with scientists across teams to ensure appropriate experiments are completed in a given timeframe
- Execute experiments based on established protocols and provide support to other staff in their experiments
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and critical reagents
- Have awareness of, and comply with, all required safety regulations and procedures
- BSc and/or relevant experience in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, gene/cell therapy, biopharmaceuticals, vaccines.
- Experience of working in lab using techniques related to media preparation, aseptic handling, mammalian cell culture, cell isolation, cell characterisation, cell and viral vector formation
- Ability to work in various teams and perform different lab activities as required
- Good communication skills
- Motivated, fast learner and good team player with a willingness to support activities of other colleagues
- Adapt to change quickly in a fast-paced laboratory environment
- Holding yourself accountable for delivering quality output
To apply for this position, please apply online. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on 0203 096 4529
Keywords: mammalian cell culture, cell isolation, viral vector, cell biology,