Laboratory TechnicianSomerset Perm role Working in a busy Laboratory using a variety of instrumental and wet chemistry techniques along with calculating adjustments to ensure the...
On-going temp (potential for perm role)
Shifts are: 08:00-16:30, 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00
£18,000 + shift allowance of £25 for 06:00-14:00 and £50 for 14:00-22:00 (shifts on a rotational basis)
Birmingham, West Midlands
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 andrew:firstname.lastname@example.org
SRG are recruiting for a temporary Lab Technician for a leading food /drink manufacturing company at one of their sites based in central Birmingham. This is an ideal opportunity for a person with an interest in both laboratory and administration tasks. The successful person will report into the Quality Manager and will be happy working on rotating shifts, as above. As the team is quite small it is important that you are a team player and are happy to be hands on. This role is initially a temporary position, but with real potential to go perm.
As the Laboratory Technician / Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Analytical analysis of products
- Ensuring the Laboratory records are maintained and filed to satisfy Quality standards
- Ensuring that the equipment is calibrated as appropriate
- Ensuring all required information is entered onto SAP
- Recording incoming raw materials and entering on SAP
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous Lab experience ideally in a food /drink environment.
- Good computer skills and happy to carry out some administration tasks.
- This role will suit a candidate that may have worked as a Laboratory Analyst, Laboratory Technician, R&D Technician, QC Technician