Laboratory Support Supervisor Permanent Full Time West Midlands Competitive salary dependent upon experience Do you have significant Laboratory experience within a varied role?This is overseeing...
Microbiology Laboratory SupervisorGloucestershire£21,000 - £24,000Permanent Full Time
The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide
Benefits: 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, Excellent training, Health Scheme and 'Death in Service' scheme, subsidised restaurant, Free parking on site
Role/ Description:The post holder will be responsible for the management of all laboratory aspects of work within a microbiology laboratory environment, which specialises in researching the growth and survival characteristics of foodborne pathogens and spoilage organisms. Full training will be provided and you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- To manage and schedule the workload and testing requirements of a large microbiology team.
- To manage comprehensive laboratory documentation and records to allow full traceability of sample receipt, quality of media used, suitability of equipment for tests and the accurate recording of results.
- To ensure there are sufficient supplies of media and consumables.
- Monitor and check results calculated by laboratory staff, ensure that lab books are checked and signed on a weekly basis.
- Conduct standard microbiology analysis of food.
- Ensure all scheduled calibration checks and laboratory monitoring tasks have been completed and meet ISO17025 requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- To have educated to good standard with a keen interest in science (a degree in a relevant scientific subject is desirable).
- Previous experience of working in a similar position.
- Computer Literate
- Valid Full Driving Licence
Excellent opportunity to work in a renowned food research organisation at the heart of the global food industry
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Ellie.Gorton@srg.co.uk For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Ellie on 0121 728 8458.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies