Laboratory Manager BiosciencesBased in the South East, UK£35,000 £40,000 + Excellent Benefits Are you an experienced lab manager looking for your next role? Would you...
Up to £45k per annum
This is a newly created position, working for a chemical testing and analysis organisation based in Essex. You will head-up a team of 4 Analysts and provide them with coaching and guidance on a range of analytical testing duties, outlined below;
- Providing analytical support throughout all areas of the business, through analytical method development, validation and trouble-shooting
- Supervising the team, and participating in hands-on analytical activity focusing on testing products using GC-MS, HPLC and ICP-MS
- Producing analytical reports, verifying and interrogating data
- Developing and validating laboratory methods in accordance with ICH guidance
- Acting as go-to person and SME for the small team of analysts on site. Dealing with training analysis, development of core skills in the team, succession planning, structuring the staffing rota.
- You will have a BSc in a Chemistry related discipline (or equivalent)
- Your background will be from within an industrial analytical laboratory
- Your key skills will include proficiency with chromatography and mass spectrometry and you will demonstrate sound method development and validation exposure
- It's imperative you are a strong team-player, and able to work in a hands-on manner - able to lead the team through inclusive guidance and coaching
- You will have an excellent standard of written and verbal English
The organisation is not based on a public transport route so access to a vehicle and driving licence is essential.
The company offers benefits such as Perkbox, Employee of the Month scheme, 28 days holiday per annum (inc Bank Holidays) and a company contributory pension.
If this role describes your next move, then please apply now by attaching your CV in Word. For further information please contact Bec Johnston on 01223 607858 / firstname.lastname@example.org