Biological Assay Development: Scientist, Senior Scientist* South of Cambridge* £22K 50K* Permanent* Key Skills: Assay: Immuno (such as ELISA), Enzymatic, Functional Cell cell binding. Culture:...
Research Assistant / Research Scientist - Assay Development Group
Role Type: 1 year maternity cover
Salary: From £30K - DOE
Skills: cell culture and cell-based assays
My client based in the Cambridge area works within antibody based therapeutics and is currently seeking a candidate to join the assay development team.
With a background in cellular immunology or oncology, you will have a proven expertise of working in the laboratory and will support the assay development group.
Your responsibilities will be:
* Cell handling and cell-based assays
* Performing cell binding, receptor competition as well as cytokine proliferation
* flow cytometry, FMAT, TR-FET and reporter assays
* ensuring and participating to the group discovery and data presentation to colleagues and collaborators
Your skills and education will cover:
* BSc or Masters in a Biological science discipline (or equivalent experience) (E)
* Cell culture experience (E)
* Primary cell culture (D)
* Practice with developing and running plate-based assay such as flow cytometry, FMAT, TR-FRET or reporter assays (D)
* Ability to manage your own workload effectively (E)
* Flexible and pro-active with a willingness to tackle both new and routine tasks (E)
* Good record keeping and maintenance of lab notebooks (E)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with strategic collaboration with existing manufacturer and EU patent on some of their molecules.
They are based on a science research park on the outskirt of Cambridge offering a short commute from the city of Cambridge by car, bike or shuttle bus. The campus has a cafeteria on site and a large park accessible to all employees.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607855